2011年10月18日星期二

Springsteen Joins Kerry

Bruce Springsteen is set to join the Kerry-Edwards campaign forthree events leading up Cheap Rosetta Stone to the November 2nd presidential election.The rocker will speak and perform one or two songs at stops inMadison, Wisconsin, and Columbus, Ohio, on October 28th, and onelection eve in Cleveland, Ohio.Springsteen is also the driving force between the Vote forChange Tour, which brought artists such as R.E.M., Pearl Jam, theDave Matthews Band and the Dixie Chicks on board for a series ofthirty-three swing-state shows. The concerts registered voters andraised a total of $15 million for the Democratic advocacy groupAmerica Coming Together.In speaking to Rosetta Stone about the motivationbehind Vote for Change, Springsteen explained, "I felt we had beenmisled. I felt [this administration] had been fundamentallydishonest and had frightened and manipulated the American peopleinto war . . . I dont think it has made America safer . . . Howmany of our best young people are going to die? Sitting on thesidelines would be a betrayal of the ideas Id written about for along time."John Kerry, who has used the Springsteen song "No Surrender" asthe theme to his campaign Rosetta Stone Software, told Rosetta Stone that havingSpringsteen as an advocate is "both a privilege and exciting. Ihope it has an impact on the outcome."Speaking of his political involvement as a musician, Springsteencommented, "There is a long tradition of the artist being involvedin the life of the nation. For me, it goes back to Woody Guthrie,James Brown, Curtis Mayfield and Bob Dylan . . . The artist isthere to open up discourse, to get people thinking about Americanidentity: Who are we? What do we fight for? What do we stand for? Iview these things as a fundamental part of my job." There is a strong beat, a sure bass, and then a seductively harmonized melody whose turns are exactly matched by the lyrics mood. Bob Dylan (press releases say) has said that Smokey is "todays greatest living American poet." It may be. Take "I Second That Emotion": Maybe you wanna give me kisses sweet/But only for one night and no repeat/And maybe youll go away and never call/But a taste of honey is worse none at all/Oh little girl/In that case I dont want no part/I do believe/That that would only Rosetta Stone Greek V3 break my heart/But if you feel like loving me, if youve got the notion/I second that emotion.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More